This weekend 4th Jan 2015

Home Forums Weekend Rides This weekend 4th Jan 2015

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      David Tyler
      Keymaster

It looks like a wet Saturday so I’m going out on Sunday to do this route. It might be a bit cold so this ‘lumpy’ ride should keep the warmth in the bones. Click the link to download to your device.

http://www.strava.com/routes/1280041

hilly-tempo

My plan is to grind up the hills in a big gear and tempo the flat bit in the middle. Not brain out though. It’s just under 50 miles and should be done in around 2.5 hours.

Anyone is welcome to join but this is more of a sports/fast group ride.

David T

David Tyler
      Keymaster

Please note that because of the weather, tomorrow’s start time is now 10.00 at Nero’s

David T

David Tyler
      Keymaster

Ride report – Fast Group Hilly Tempo..

A large group for the hilly tempo this morning.

First up was Toy’s Hill which was dispensed with by a bunch capable of placing top 10 in a cat 3 race! So much for tempo… Re-grouped at the top and descended towards Edenbridge then turned left, then right to pass Bough Beech reservoir. Looks pretty full already! Let’s hope we don’t have a repeat of last years rain and floods.

Next up was Baley’s Hill. Again the group set a great pace (while I could keep them in site) before descending Hubbards Hill. Each descent was a cold experience for all.

A fairly flat (ish) section followed and riders duly took it in turn to do their bit at the front. Will’s in particular doing more of his fair share. Thanks Will!

Slight change in route as riders were peeling of to go home (it was bloody cold!) so up past Chartwell to Westerham then towards Clarks Lane and Pilgrims. Chris Hewitt and I continued to Woldingham Ridge and Caterham whilst others headed to Oxted and a hot cocoa or a hot bath!

Well done to all for braving such cold weather!!

As a side note I was amazed at how many riders we saw wearing black with no lights. No wonder some motorists call us idiots. Maybe they are ex golfers…

Worth mentioning that nearly all of us had lights and/or a florescent jacket or Gilet. Definitely worth it…

Onwards and upwards..

David T

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by David Tyler.
      Chris Hewitt
      Participant

Cheers for leading the ride David! It was fun, before my legs went pop! Also thanks for nursing me back to caterham, shouting down my feeble pleas to head to oxted to jump on the train!

Will be back out again next week, hopefully stronger from today’s experience!

David Tyler
      Keymaster

Anytime Chris.

I’m sure you will be ‘back on it’ soon.

Remember though. You owe me a lead out to to a sprint finish…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.